The purpose of this scheme is to grant aid for a wide range of tourism investments, mainly for the creation, expansion and modernisation of integrated tourist accommodation throughout the country, with the aim of improving the quality of the tourist product.
Opening date for applications: 01/06/2023
Deadline for applications: 29/09/2023
TYPES OF AID
- Construction, extension, modernisation of buildings, special and auxiliary facilities of buildings, constructions to ensure accessibility for people with disabilities, as well as landscaping.
- Purchase and installation of new modern machinery and other equipment, including technical installations and means of transport moving within the premises of the integrated unit
- Other costs, such as consultancy services, innovation costs, costs for process and organisational innovation for SMEs and Large Enterprises, costs for energy efficiency measures, etc.
SPECIFIC CATEGORIES OF AID
Special categories of aid are foreseen for investment projects carried out in the following areas:
a. Mountainous areas, according to the classification of ELSTAT., except the Municipal Units that constitute part of the urban complex of Athens,
β. border areas, i.e. an area within thirty (30) kilometres of the border.
γ. island regions, i.e. islands with a population of less than three thousand one hundred (3,100) inhabitants, and
δ. buildings classified as listed.
UNDERLYING INVESTMENT PLANS
- Establishment or expansion of hotel units of at least four ( 4 ) stars,
- the modernisation of integrated hotel units belonging to or upgraded to a category of at least three (3) stars, after five years have elapsed since the start of operation of the unit or since the date of completion of the previous investment in the modernisation of the integrated form of the unit,
- expansion and modernisation of closed hotel units, provided that they are upgraded to a category of at least four (4) stars
- establishment, expansion and modernization of condo hotels, as defined in Law No. 4276/2014, provided that the transfer or long-term lease of the assisted parts takes place after the expiry of the long-term commitments of the investing entity
- the establishment and modernisation of integrated hotel units within designated heritage or listed buildings, which belong to or are upgraded to a category of at least three (3) stars,
- the establishment, expansion and modernisation of complex tourist accommodation, as defined in Law No. 4276/2014 (A’ 155), submitted as individual plans, not including buildings and premises for transfer or long-term lease
- the establishment, expansion and modernisation of campsites of at least 3 stars,
- the establishment and modernisation of nonprimary tourist accommodation, provided that:
- bear the distinctive title “guesthouse”,
- are implemented within traditional settlements in one of the following areas:
- mountainous areas, according to the classification of ELSTAT., except the municipal units that form part of the urban complex of Athens,
- areas located up to thirty (30) kilometres from the border,
- islands with a population < of 3.100 inhabitants,
- are classified in a category of five (5) keys, in accordance with Order No. 12868/2018 (B΄ 3119) decree of the Minister of Tourism
- maintain a minimum number of twenty (20) rental rooms.
BUDGET FOR INVESTMENT PROJECTS
The minimum eligible budget for investment projects is determined by category of enterprise as follows:
- Large enterprises: 1.000.000 €
- Medium-sized enterprises: 500.000€
- Small businesses: 250.000 €
- Very small businesses: 100.000€
- Social Cooperative Enterprises, as well as Agricultural Cooperatives (A.S.), Urban Cooperatives, Producer Groups (POs) and Agricultural Corporate Partnerships (ACPs): 50.000 €.
TYPES, SIZE & AMOUNTS OF AID
|CATEGORY OF ENTERPRISE||TAX EXEMPTIONS||GRANT||LEASING|
|Small||100% RAM||80% RAM (100% under certain conditions)||100% RAM|
|Medium||80% RAM (100% under certain conditions)||–||80% RAM (100% under certain conditions)|
|Large||80% RAM (100% under certain conditions)||–||80% RAM (100% under certain conditions)|
For more information on the eligibility of your activity, contact us!